“I alone cannot change the world, but I can cast a stone across the waters to create many ripples.” – Mother Teresa.
Did you know October is National Women’s Small Business Month? As a small business owner and a woman, I wanted to do something to celebrate other women like me.
Inspired by Mother Teresa’s quote and wanting to create a ripple of my own for National Small Business Week last month, I gave each of my team members $100 to spend on themselves in local Laguna Beach small businesses. Then we posted photos of our purchases on our Facebook page to promote those businesses. We were able to patronize 12 Laguna Beach small retail businesses! It was such a success; I wanted to do it again.
So, this month, in order to support other women small business owners in Laguna Beach and to thank the amazing women on my team who support me every day, we indulged in a little self-care: haircuts, mani-pedis, and massages. They deserve it, and we love supporting our local service businesses! We visited Bello Blow Dry Bar and Parani Thai Massage on Forest Avenue, and Beautiful Nails on S. Coast Highway. Check out our photos posted on our Facebook page and learn more about the amazing women owners of these fabulous businesses.
And to thank these women small business owners, I offered each of them a complimentary business entity structure or estate plan consultation.
While my financial contributions are insignificant pebbles to cast into an ocean, hopefully, they make small ripples that will spread and grow to be joined by other ripples cast by other pebbles, until we have created a wave of change. A wave of support and hope and continued success for our small businesses and neighbors.
I hope by sharing this story, I inspire you to be a part of this ripple effect. Cast your stone. Support small business owners. Shop locally. Post about it on social media. You deserve to do something nice for yourself, and it feels great to give a little back. Together we can make a wave of change!
Meldie M. Moore & the Entire Team,
Moore Law For Children.
- Fun and safe ideas to celebrate Halloween in 2020.
- Halloween costume ideas – time is running out!
- Creative tie-dye techniques, including onecalled candy corn – just in time for Halloween!
- 16 inspirational movies, because after 8 months of a pandemic we all could use some inspiration.
- 10 podcasts about mental health. If you are feeling down, you are not alone.
- Fun and useful items under $40 from Amazon, because who doesn’t love getting packages, that are useful, and inexpensive!
Last Month’s Resources
- Eat… 21 recipes for breakfast
- Sleep… Aromatherapy to help you and your little ones sleep
- Play… 17 crafts to keep kids busy
- Watch… Best movies of the 2000’s
- Listen… Best podcasts of the year
- Read… 10 Books for Women
- Breath… 41 breathable masks